NagiosXI Upgrade

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
fkroeger

NagiosXI Upgrade

Post by fkroeger »

Having problems upgrading NagiosXI. I have downloaded and installed the xi-latest.tar file.
When I run the upgrade command , it stalls at Determining fastest mirrors and eventually times out with a message that it could not retrieve mirror list "Connection timed out"
The NagiosXI server is not permitted to connect to the internet, so I am guessing that is why it is failing.

I don't want to download the whole VM file again (20MB compared to 545MB) - also the full download is still 1.1C instead of 1.1D
Is there any way I can perform this upgrade without an internet connection?
admin
Site Admin

Re: NagiosXI Upgrade

Post by admin »

Hi Fred -

Just edit the upgrade script and comment out the line that calls "./1-prereqs". That will keep the upgrade process from fetching the latest RPMs and CPAN modules. Shouldn't really cause any problems, as no new requirements have been added in the recent update packages.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
fkroeger

Re: NagiosXI Upgrade

Post by fkroeger »

Fixed - thanks! Now running R1.1D