Accessing NagiosXI gives me PHP protection Error

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vivekmvs

Accessing NagiosXI gives me PHP protection Error

Post by vivekmvs »

PHP script /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/dbl.inc.php is protected by SourceGuardian and requires the SourceGuardian loader ixed.5.3.lin. The SourceGuardian loader has not been installed, or is not installed correctly. Please visit the SourceGuardian php encoder site to download required loader.

Do anyone has how to go ahead with this. I have been using Fedura 12 Linux and installed Nagios xi based on the instructions. First page appears but after clicking to access the Nagios link the above error pop's up in the same window.
Last edited by vivekmvs on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivekmvs

Re: Accessing NagiosXI gives me PHP protection Error

Post by vivekmvs »

The Os is Fedura 12 Freshly installed
vivekmvs

Post by vivekmvs »

I have tried downloading new version of sourceguardian files from http://www.sourceguardian.com/ixeds/ and replaced the one given by Nagios XI and tried to install it. This takes me to a blank screen this time.

I have tried this in a fresh system as suggested in the Nagios XI Manual Installation document.

Do anyone has any idea on where i am going wrong in this installation process?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It could be that the SourceGuardian loaders don't work well with Fedora 12. We tested with Fedora 11.

One thing you should try is to restart the Apache server after you install the loaders, using the following command:

/etc/init.d/httpd restart

Watch the Apache log file for any errors related to loading modules:

tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
rpeek

Post by rpeek »

Still having this issue, is it caused because Nagios does not run on Fedora 12? We are ready to purchase, but cannot get it to run.
Error
PHP script /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/dbl.inc.php is protected by SourceGuardian and requires the SourceGuardian loader ixed.5.3.lin. The SourceGuardian loader has not been installed, or is not installed correctly. Please visit the SourceGuardian php encoder site to download required loader.
Thanks!
vivekmvs

Post by vivekmvs »

Thanks guys.

I have tried downloading the new source guidian for 5.3 but still it does not work. I will try it on Fedora 11 and post my findings.
nnconcerts

Post by nnconcerts »

If you noticed the error message in this post you will notice this instantly...

Loaded plugins: security
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/i386/dag ... repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Trying other mirror.

There is a URL error, if we correct this, a lot of this can be eliminated. Do you check for broken links or URLs etc etc etc etc??
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

nnconcerts,
You are not the first person to point this out, but I assure you this URL is valid. Please check with your Distribution on using the DAG archive and/or check with DAG on how to properly configure DAG. Note also that the URL contains variables and it's possible your Distribution could replace these with something we would not expect.

The URL you posted contains the following:

Code: Select all

<repomd>

### Recreated metadata from create-metadata.sh

−
<data type="other">
<location href="repodata/other.xml.gz"/>
<open-checksum type="sha">d84f57d313a314ff53b64611496f3533c9d3e98e</open-checksum>
<checksum type="sha">7a17e9d6f8ceb49759313fc7547ef1d55965ccf5</checksum>
<timestamp>1266902123</timestamp>
</data>

−
<data type="filelists">
<location href="repodata/filelists.xml.gz"/>
<open-checksum type="sha">ccd5f0d7196847e61ce5b8a42dcf418c6659a9f3</open-checksum>
<checksum type="sha">6caaebbb05607ec7d814260c618c2b89839dca25</checksum>
</data>

−
<data type="primary">
<location href="repodata/primary.xml.gz"/>
<open-checksum type="sha">7fcb2cc771ccbcf357e882479b5864e85622d08b</open-checksum>
<checksum type="sha">b38904cf8ac7498dea17d66116b2f074dcfdddd8</checksum>
</data>
</repomd>
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

The issues with yum and DAG were first reported here.
http://support.nagios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166