User's persmissions problems. - When vieweing host or servic

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
metalheat

User's persmissions problems. - When vieweing host or servic

Post by metalheat »

Hi, currently we have a multi-tenant setup on which we would like to give our Video Operations Center access to acknowledge problems through the Nagios Web Based GUI. The problem is that any user that does not have full-control is able to see any host or service for a small period of time 4-10 seconds and then the page is refreshed by itself and the following error appears under the Overview Tab:

You are not authorized to access this feature. Contact your Nagios XI administrator for more information, or to obtain access to this feature.

I have tried different permission setups and none have worked.

Right now this users have the following permissions:
Authorization Level: User

Checked:
Can See all Hosts and Services
Can control all hosts and services

I attached a screenshot of the problem.

Regards,

-- Luis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admin
Site Admin

Re: User's persmissions problems. - When vieweing host or servic

Post by admin »

Upgrade to 2009R1.1E and see if it resolves this issue. One of the fixes applied in recent releases dealt with this specific problem. You can get the update at:

http://library.nagios.com
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
mariusp

Post by mariusp »

I'm experiencing much the same issue with the added "bonus" that the core config manager shows the contacts and contacts group for the services and hosts I choose but the files created by nagiosql do not reflect these changes. I noticed that the rights for the configuration files weren't correct for nagiosql to write to so I modified them rather sloppily (chmod a+w *) but still no go.

I am trying to control access to a few servers and services. I can manually add contacts to the configuration files but I am not sure when and if they will be overwritten by changes made via the core config manager.

Regards,
Marius
mariusp

Post by mariusp »

Just updated to 2009R1.1F and reconfigured the contacts for my services / hosts and it seems to be working fine.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great to hear!
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President