monitoring wizard question

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Everyday

monitoring wizard question

Post by Everyday »

Hello, we're testing nagios XI and I'm curious how we add a linux server to be monitored. I don't see an option in the monitoring wizard for linux server. We've added nrpe to the target server but how do we add it to the nagios XI box? Does this need to be done manually?
admin
Site Admin

Re: monitoring wizard question

Post by admin »

We have one that is in testing right now. I have attached a ZIP file of the wizard that you can upload/install directly into Nagios XI under the "Admin -> Manage Config Wizards" menu option.

FYI, the config wizard was tested using an NRPE installation (NRPE+plugins) described in the PDF at the following URL:

http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... _Agent.pdf

The agent installation script is very RedHat/CentOS-specific right now and was initially done for a specific client. We've got a tech working on a script that will eventually make installing it on Ubuntu/Debian/others easy as well.

Regardless, since you already have NRPE installed you're half way there. The config wizard assumes that NRPE was compiled with arguments enabled, and configured with a given set of command definitions and corresponding plugins. You can find those plugins/config files if you download the agent tarball and take a look at it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President