Nagios configuration behind proxy

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
abrark

Nagios configuration behind proxy

Post by abrark »

Hi,
I have installed nagios core successfully, but alerts are not working. I know my server is running on proxy. Please suggest how i get email alerts working for nagios on a server where proxy is enabled.
Regards,
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Nagios configuration behind proxy

Post by Box293 »

Nagios alerts are commonly a text string echo to the local mail application:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios Monitor XI Alert *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" | /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Host Alert: $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
In this example, the method that /bin/mail uses to send the email is what needs to be configured to handle the proxy.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
abrark

Post by abrark »

Thank you for your reply. Can you please share the configurations required for proxy.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

This is out of scope of Nagios support. I am not sure what kind of mail you are currently using, but here's some info on using proxy with postfix:

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURAT ... interfaces

Hope this helps.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!