How to configure NDRP clients on Nagios Core Server

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
wizardomalex

How to configure NDRP clients on Nagios Core Server

Post by wizardomalex »

Good day all.

I am new to nagios core and I have spend a number of days trying to configure a Nagios Core Server lying in a public subnet to receive passive checks from VMs in a private subnet with a NAT gateway. The goal of the setup is to allow these internal VMs send passive checks to the Nagios Core Server on the public subnet of the same VCN.

What I have done so far

I have configured Nagios Core and NRDP servers on the Nagios Core Server and it connects successfully with hosts lying on the same subnet using NRPE.

I would really love to know how I can achieve connecting the VMs from different subnet or entirely different Cloud Platform say GCP or AWS to the Nagios Core Server which is on Oracle Platform.

I will be very grateful for any help
pbroste

Re: How to configure NDRP clients on Nagios Core Server

Post by pbroste »

Hello @wiardomalex

Thanks for reaching out, to punch a hole out of your internal LAN network, you will require to forward port NRPE 5666 so that it is allowed through and mapped to your Nagios Core Server.

Simple sample:
ncpa.png
Thanks,
Perry