We're moving to a new support system!

The Nagios Answer Hub is a place where you can get help with technical questions from our experts. There, you can quickly open tickets and join discussion boards.

Request Nagios Answer Hub access here: https://info.nagios.com/answer-hub-access-new-users

After completing the access form, you will be given access to a portal where new tickets can be created. We will keep the old customer forum sections and ticket system available for current cases to be resolved.

Nagios XI Compatibility

Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Includes Nagios Core, Plugins, and NCPA

Nagios XI Compatibility

Postby g4semit » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:41 am

I have a simple question that I hope can be answered quickly. Can Nagios XI 5.2.7 be installed on to Centos 7.7.1908. I have tried a couple of time to manually install, but it keeps failing. I just need to know if it is compatible before i go and research the error. I am also new to Nagios XI and Linux. Thanks
g4semit

Re: Nagios XI Compatibility

Postby gormank » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:38 pm

That should work.
That said, it's recommended to install on a clean basic install of Linux. Also, why install an old version of NXI unless you plan to restore a backup of another system to transfer the data?
gormank

Re: Nagios XI Compatibility

Postby SalinaSJames » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:28 am

I have no experience with Nagios but have worked with SCOM in a past life.

Windows monitoring works really well and you can monitor Linux after you figure it out, I wrote a short powershell script that does a mass deploy on new Linux clients.
SalinaSJames

Return to Community Support