Ack | Downtime | Force Not WORKING

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
LuisN

Ack | Downtime | Force Not WORKING

Post by LuisN »

Hey Guys!

i am lit. going bald b/c of his

i have 2 serves. 1 master 1 backup. and 1 mysql server.

the master all of a sudden can NOT ack, downtimes dont go off so im getting tons of alerts. I switched over to the backup server and all of a sudden it works there. nothing has really changed but what can i look for? i replicate often to the backup.

also i noticed now when i was on the backup that all my graphs before i switched were not moved over, i thought this lived on the mysql server?? what do the graph files live. and how can i merge the 2?
thanks!

doing some research, how does a server send out a nagios.cmd file to a remote nagios server?
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Ack | Downtime | Force Not WORKING

Post by abrist »

LuisN wrote: the master all of a sudden can NOT ack, downtimes dont go off so im getting tons of alerts. I switched over to the backup server and all of a sudden it works there. nothing has really changed but what can i look for? i replicate often to the backup.
Lets check the cmd pipe and group:

Code: Select all

ls -l /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
cat /etc/group | grep nag
Is selinux enabled?

sestatus
LuisN wrote:also i noticed now when i was on the backup that all my graphs before i switched were not moved over, i thought this lived on the mysql server?? what do the graph files live. and how can i merge the 2?
thanks!
The graphs are stored in RRDs. By default they are located in the following directory:

/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/perfdata/
If they are not in that directory, run a find:

find / -name *.rrd
LuisN wrote: doing some research, how does a server send out a nagios.cmd file to a remote nagios server?
? I am not sure I understand, could you rephrase? Do you want to send commands to a remote nagios server's cmd pipe?
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.