Notifications on Openfire?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Notifications on Openfire?

Post by abrist »

I am still working on this. I am trying to replicate your environment, version and all. I had an openfire server successfully working with nagibot on an older gentoo system of mine. Unfortunately, there were not any pertinent differences between our setups.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
Yaerox

Post by Yaerox »

Unfortunately I'm actual pretty busy. As far as I get a little space I'll do some other tries again like splitting up on two different VMs evenif I think that shouldn't be a problem. Do you used the same tutorial for the installation of Nagibot like I did (second post)?

I just cant get, why this bot is not going online ... i mean I haven't any logs which is pretty unusual, and there is nothing helprul returning if the connection wasn't successfull ...

Well if I start openfire, do I have to do anything with this nohup.out? I mean Im starting like /opt/openfire/bin/openfire start then I get:

nohup: appending output to `nohup.out' (CarriageReturn) and usually I just exit this line with Ctrl + C ...

Regards

Edit: maybe again my logs:
linux-wnrb:/home/USER# tail /opt/openfire/logs/stderror.log
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pubsub.PubSubEngine.shutdown(PubSubEngine.java:1743)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pep.PEPServiceManager.stop(PEPServiceManager.java:208)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pep.IQPEPHandler.stop(IQPEPHandler.java:202)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.shutdownServer(XMPPServer.java:945)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.access$700(XMPPServer.java:146)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer$ShutdownHookThread.run(XMPPServer.java:897)
linux-wnrb:/home/USER# tail /opt/openfire/logs/stdoutt.log
Openfire 3.8.1 [May 17, 2013 10:02:32 AM]
Admin console listening at:
http://XXX.X.X.XXX:9090
https://XXX.X.X.XXX:9091
linux-wnrb:/home/USER#
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

I am not quite sure. I will have to play around with the new setup early next week. Let us know how separating nagios from openfire works out for you.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.