Moving Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
IvanAK

Re: Moving Nagios

Post by IvanAK »

I have not change the freshness settings, i just use the default settings for example about the routers i have the following in the template file. And im using just defaults value, im not changing anything ...
define host{
name bp-rt
use generic-host
check_period 24x7
check_interval 5
retry_interval 1
max_check_attempts 10
check_command check-host-alive
notification_options d,u,r
notification_interval 0
hostgroups router-bp
register 0
}
And i have never say that im using "traps" (or did i, if i did im sorry for miss understanding, im not using traps just SNMP).
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

The port status and bandwith checks are rarely done via snmptraps, if that is even possible. They are however done by active checks run from nagios via snmp get requests. So the port status checks should show the correct status as long as nagios has a connection to the router and the community string still works. However you are correct that with the ip address change caused by the nagios move, it would NOT allow for the snmptrap information to flow correctly and would need to be corrected on the switch\router.

I think you have both situations in place, and are confusing the working snmpget's with the snmptraps that you may have to reconfigure. Also for freshness, this would be set on a per service check setting, not on the host configuration.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
IvanAK

Post by IvanAK »

Hi sreinhardt,
tnx for the reply ... yes i think the same, i have both situations in place, the strange thing is that it works ok in the background ( it send me an e-mail that is something not ok ) the one thing strange is the Frontends that not show me the right status ... i will try to fixed somehow.... or reconfigure the router and to make some changes on nagios configs ....

other question about the post is ... do i have to point that the post should be closed or what ?? :)
slansing

Post by slansing »

Let us know what you dig up! You can have us close the thread and you can open a new one in the future, we generally close threads if they go too far off topic and ask that a new one be opened.