ifOperStatus Error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jrob27

ifOperStatus Error

Post by jrob27 »

Hoping someone can help me here. I am currently running Nagios Core Version 3.2.3 and am having an issue monitoring ports on my Cisco 3750 switches. Currently I have all of my switches setup within a host group and can see all other data with the exception of port status. I keep getting the error "External command error: error in packet" and it shows a status of UNKNOWN. What's strange is that I also have a monitor setup on port 1 (Port 1 Link Status) and it shows green, but yet the port is in down/down status within the switch. Here is my syntax:

check_snmp! -C -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB (Port 1 Link Status) Shows as up even the port is administratively down on the switch.
check_snmp! -C -o ifOperStatus.4 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB (Port 4 Link Status) This one shows the status of UNKNOWN under Service State Information even though the port is up/up on the switch

I have followed instructions I have found online on how to set this up, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-J