check_nrpe - no output returned from plugin

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
alceryes

check_nrpe - no output returned from plugin

Post by alceryes »

I'm having issues with Nagios executing a remote NRPE batch on remote windows systems. When I execute the following command from the server -
./check_nrpe -H 192.168.1.1 -c check_windows_time -a 'pool.ntp.org 120 300'
I get the expected result. But when I let Nagios run the check I get a 'no output returned from plugin' error. This is occurring with any NRPE check I try to run so the problem seems to be a setting on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA! (this is a completely different Nagios setup than my check_windows_time post from a couple days ago)
slansing

Re: check_nrpe - no output returned from plugin

Post by slansing »

Sure, can you copy your service definition for this service and paste it in a reply here? You can block out IP's/passwords/etc. It may be that the check_nrpe command takes an argument when you have not defined it in the service config.

Also, please post your check_nrpe command definition, or the command definition you are using for this service, it will be located in the commands.cfg file
alceryes

Re: check_nrpe - no output returned from plugin

Post by alceryes »

It's fixed (stupid typo)
Grabbing the commands to post here showed me a typo I hadn't caught in the last 2 dozen times reading it.

Being remote'd into a remote session makes for fuzzy characters too. I had a capital 'C' instead of lower case in the command.

Thx!