Authenticated user has wrong access rights

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
MrDecisive

Authenticated user has wrong access rights

Post by MrDecisive »

Hi,

This is the setup:

I have for example 10 services running on a single host which 5 of which are in servicegroupA and 5 of which are in servicegroupB. I have a user who is the contact for the services in servicegroupB the only contacts for the host are the admins.

This is the problem:

The user wants to be able to view and administer (disable/enable notifications) for their services so I add them into the .htpasswd file and sure enough when they log on they can only see the services for which they are the contact. Now when they click on the service group and select disable notifications they are given the option via a check box to also disable the notifications for the host. If they check this box then sure enough they disable the notifications for all the services in their service group but also they disable the notifications for the host which as far as i can tell they should not be able to do because they are not the contact for the host and can not access any of the host tabs in the web console?

The question:

Has anyone seen this before and is there a way I can turn off the ability of the user to disable the host notifications whilst still allowing them to disable their service notifications.

Cheers
MrD