Nagios Core Notifications

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
embegee

Nagios Core Notifications

Post by embegee »

I wonder if someone can advise on the following issue.

I have the requirement to implement so quite complex pager schedules that involve a number of time periods that combine different times,days of the week & months of the year.
Creating the time periods itself is not the issue I believe I have manged to achieve that with a series of includes and excludes.

The problem I have is making sure that when pager notification fires in the time period specified an e-mail is also generated and sent 24x7.

Can someone confirm my logic that the notification period specified in a contact group will work as long as it falls within the notification time period specified in the check ?

for example
check notification period is 24x7
contactgroups are pager and e-mail
pager notification period is 17:00-2400
e-mail notification period is 24x7

I want to be sure the pager does not fire 24x7

Thanks!
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Nagios Core Notifications

Post by sreinhardt »

This sounds like everything should be correct. The one difference that I might suggest depending on if pagers and email notifications are in the same contact group but different contacts, would be to define 24x7 for the group and on the pagers apply their own time periods in the standard fashion, no + or null, to only send during that time. If these are separate contact groups for pagers and email, having the check notifications on 24x7 and each respective group with their own notification times, this should work fine! Please let us know if it does not, and we would like need to see a copy of your configs at that point too.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
embegee

Post by embegee »

Thanks for the response!

I will test the configs and let you know the outcome.
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

Great. Let us know.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.