Nagios Open Source SMS Gateway

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
praveen.ks

Nagios Open Source SMS Gateway

Post by praveen.ks »

Hi All,

I Configured Nagios Server(Centos 5.7) and it's working fine, am able to get notification via Email.

Now, i need to SMS notification. without any modem or external device. It's possible to get notification via mobile ???...

Is there any open source SMS gateway ?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Nagios Open Source SMS Gateway

Post by sreinhardt »

You can use email to sms, most phone providers allow for a [number]@provider-txt.com type address that you can send emails to and they will translate to an sms. This is not an out of band solution such as having a separate gsm modem or such, but it will definitely suite most basic needs. You simply need to have the ability to send via smtp to those external servers, either directly or through an ISP or other relay.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.