Values propagating across all monitored devices!!

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
lloowen

Values propagating across all monitored devices!!

Post by lloowen »

Hello all!

A newbie to Nagios3.

Just got Nagios3 set up to monitor four PCs. Three of them on my LAN and the fourth remotely. I'm currently using the default monitoring settings. The problem I'm having is with the 'Current users'.

When I log in to one of the PCs, I can see the 'Current users' for that PC increments to one, as it should. But then all the other devices also increment their 'Current users' by one! So there are now four logins. If I then log into the same PC(now two logged in users) all the other three devices also show two logged in users! And so on and on....

Does anyone know why these values are propagating across all monitored devices?

Grateful for any help,

Thanks
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Values propagating across all monitored devices!!

Post by abrist »

This is most likely a command definition problem, I bet some of your other checks report the same values as this host as well. Could we see the configs for the host in questions and one of the duplicated hosts, as well as the 'Current Users' command definition? (please post in code wraps)
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.