Cached Alias problem

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jpl

Cached Alias problem

Post by jpl »

I am having a strange problem with one of my Virtual hosts. When I setup the host I initially called the alias for it "change management" but then I realized that the check_esx plugin wants the host alias to be the name of VM on the server so I changed "change management" to "cm1" as that is the name of the VM. But now no matter how many times I recheck the vm services for that host it keeps trying to look for a host called "change" on the esx server and of course fails as it is called cm1. The changes I made for the hosts definition are not being recognized (yes, nagios was restarted). Also, I found that if I change the naming to something else entirely for both the host_name and the host_alias and adjust the group memberships for that host, the host doesn't show in nagios at all. Changing it all back makes the host show up again....still trying to check for a vm called "change".

Any ideas? This is being checked with the check_esx plugin from op5 which seems to work fine for everything else. In fact, I had a another server whose alias had to be changed because it didn't match the name of the VM too. This host actually checked properly after the change though.

Any ideas?
jpl

Re: Cached Alias problem

Post by jpl »

Commenting out the host for a while seems to have fixed it. When I un-commented it everything checked out ok.