NSClient++ installation and config on Windows

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
sumit

NSClient++ installation and config on Windows

Post by sumit »

Hi All,

I am new to Nagios and trying to learn it to use for monitoring integration component. As part of POC, I've installed Nagios Core on my local Windows machine. I am following the instructions given in this link. However, I've got some queries
1. I downloaded NSClient++ from url. When I am trying to install it, it's giving me error stating "The installation program is not supported by this processor type". Though, I cannot see any processor specific requirement anywhere.
2. The instruction link (mentioned up in the post) that I am following is reflecting unix flavor path and commands i.e. vi /usr/local etc. Don't we should have a Windows specific path if I have installed the software on Windows? Am I missing something here or referring to a wrong link? :shock: :?:

I've got an idea about the second point that the base Nagios has to be installed on Linux (unix flavour) and hence those path. However, I am still not able to install the downloaded plugin on my windows machine.I tried below mentioned commands-
1. msiexec -i NSCP-0.4.1.73-x64.msi
2. NSCP-0.4.1.73-x64.msi /install
slansing

Re: NSClient++ installation and config on Windows

Post by slansing »

1. I downloaded NSClient++ from url. When I am trying to install it, it's giving me error stating "The installation program is not supported by this processor type". Though, I cannot see any processor specific requirement anywhere.
You probably downloaded 32bit, or visa versa.

You can grab the latest version here:

http://nsclient.org/nscp/downloads

I can assure you it won't create linux style directories.

It looks like you do have an MSI downloaded, just run the MSI from whatever directory you have it installed in "double click it."