Nagios resets schedules

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
wkral

Nagios resets schedules

Post by wkral »

Hi, i'm running Nagios Core (Version 3.5.0) and have some problems with rescheduling services.

We reschedule a service (by "Re-schedule the next check of this service") for checking this service again 24 hours later. This is working fine, but when we reload or restart the Nagios proces by running /etc/init.d/nagios restart or /etc/init.d/nagios reload the schedule of the service disappears and resets to default.

Is it possible to keep the reschedule time we entered when we restart or reload Nagios ?
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Nagios resets schedules

Post by abrist »

What is the use case for this? Restarting nagios will reset some of the more transient options.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
wkral

Post by wkral »

Hi Abrist, what do you mean exactly ?

We're monitoring a lot of hosts and services. Every day we've some changes in the config. For applying these changes (adding a service or host) we've to restart nagios.

When we restart nagios our scheduled checks are gone / resetted by default.
slansing

Post by slansing »

Yes it does look like that is default behavior, if you are using check re-scheduling in that sort of fashion "long time expanses" I recommend you submit a feature request to:

http://tracker.nagios.org

That way, a developer will pick up on it and possibly be able to make a change as I am 90% sure this is compiled in with nagios.