Riverbed plugin

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
NagiosNewbis

Riverbed plugin

Post by NagiosNewbis »

Hi;

Does anyone know the configuration of Riverbed plugin? I put to my Nagios Core but it display "Criticals" in Status column without status information. This plugin downloaded from here "https://code.google.com/p/nagios-riverb ... loads/list", what will be check with using this plug in? And how to configure it properly to show the correct information?

I am attaching two files for reference, the riverbed_obj.cfg and the commands.cfg.
Attachments
riverbed_obj.cfg..txt
Riverbed object config
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
commands.cfg.txt
Commands
(202 Bytes) Downloaded 309 times
NagiosNewbis

Re: Riverbed plugin

Post by NagiosNewbis »

Hi;

after looking to the error message I found, I doubt, it is caused by the Error.pm module of Perl is not installed. How can I install the Error.pm properly?

I tried this

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Error'

but return that

Result: FAIL
Failed 13/15 test programs. 0/10 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
SHLOMIF/Error-0.17020.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
//hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
reports SHLOMIF/Error-0.17020.tar.gz
Warning (usually harmless): 'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
jsmurphy

Post by jsmurphy »

It's trying to install SHLOMIF Error.pm so it's not a problem with the core perl Error.pm

You can find it here: http://search.cpan.org/~shlomif/Error-0 ... b/Error.pm

The only way to install it may be to try and force it... It's a deprecated plugin, so it may not install correctly on all distros any more.
slansing

Post by slansing »

Thanks Jsmurphy,

NagiosNewbis, let us know how well this works for you, though we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use this plugin properly.