Scheduled Downtime still sends notifications

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
spcmidrange

Scheduled Downtime still sends notifications

Post by spcmidrange »

Morning

Hope this is the right section. We have 2 Nagios instances running, One Nagios XI and one Naigos Core. Core was recently updated to 3.5.0 and XI was updated to 2012 R2.2

The problem is on the Core installation. I have set a server into scheduled downtime for 24 hours of fixed time because it was going to be going up and down for the next day. I put the whole host in downtime, then some services started to be shutdown and we got notified on them (which we shouldnt have because its in downtime). I then selected All services in downtime as well, but notifications are still being sent out.

Only thing that has changed has been an upgrade from 3.4.1 to 3.5.0. Is there a bug thats open for this? If i put everthing in downtime, why am i still getting notifications??? I had to disable notifcations for the whole server to get it to stop

Thanks for any help!!

Cheers!
spcmidrange

Re: Scheduled Downtime still sends notifications

Post by spcmidrange »

Please see attached screenshot. you can see from the comments "This service has been scheduled for fixed downtime from 07-04-2013 16:20:16 to 07-05-2013 18:20:16. Notifications for the service will not be sent out during that time period."

But the things shows its not in scheduled downtime, and it has sent out 2 notifications, last at 8am this morning, when it was in downtime.
Attachments
downtime.png
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Scheduled Downtime still sends notifications

Post by sreinhardt »

As you noticed, you will always want to put hosts and services both in downtime when the host will be down. Additionally, I think the issue here is that the services were already critical and notifying when you added the downtime for them. This likely caused nagios to just continue sending notifications for things that had not been acknowledged and not really for additional issues. I could also see this happening, since it seems that the hard state change was only a few minutes after your downtime started, if it noticed a critical issue before the downtime, it may be that it would continue to check and send you an alert since it happened prior to expected downtime.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.