SAN HP MSA 2000 with check_snmp

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
daniel.taziaux

SAN HP MSA 2000 with check_snmp

Post by daniel.taziaux »

Hello everybody!

I'm Daniel, new on this forum and not very experienced with Nagios and SNMP...

for my 1st Nagios project, I have to put a solution in place to monitor a network (distant sites, windows servers, ups, ...)

Now I would like to monitor a HP SAN (StorageWorks MSA 2012fc) with SNMP.

I already used SNMP for monitoring an UPS with commands I found on the web and I would like to make the same for the SAN but I don't find the OID's for the HP SAN.

I have found some url's whith infos about MIBs and OIDs but I expected to find more infos, more OID's about for example "system temperature", "raid state", "disk state", etc etc... like for the ups (OID's for temperature, battery charge, output voltage ....)

the only thing I found (ex http://www.snmplink.org/cgi-bin/nd/m/En ... 0traps.mib) is OID 1.3.6.4.1.11.2.51.1.3001, 3002, 3003 and 3004 for info, warning, error, critical...

when I run a "check_snmp -H 192.168.x.x -o 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.51" I receive this error:
External command error: Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: iso.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.51

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps I don't understand very good the concept (as I say I'm not familiar with SNMP, different versions etc...)...

If you can help me to better understand or to find a solution...

Thanks a lot,

Daniel
Michael

Re: SAN HP MSA 2000 with check_snmp

Post by Michael »

Hi Daniel,

If you haven't found any solutions already, you can use the plugin here -
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... th/details

It states that it's for switches, but I'm using it on an MSA 2324fc G2 and a P2000G3 as well as Cisco MDS switches. It uses the SMI MIB.

Michael