service notifications vs host notifications

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
lonray

service notifications vs host notifications

Post by lonray »

Hello,
I've created a hostgroup with 4 members and configured nagios to monitor HTTP on these members and send notifications if HTTP goes down. Now, I want to receive notifications only during non-workhours for only one of the hosts. My timeperiods.cfg file is all set up, and I've tried changing the notification_period in the hosts.cfg file to nonworkhours for the single host, but it doesn't seem to matter. I still receive notifications on HTTP 24x7. If I change the notification_period in services.cfg to nonworkhours, it works... but for all 4 servers. Can I differentiate the one host from the others without creating 2 separate service definitions for each service I want to monitor?

Thanks!
LR
mguthrie

Re: service notifications vs host notifications

Post by mguthrie »

Check the service definition to see what the notification time is, or if it's using a template that has the 24x7 timeperiod. If it does it would override your work hours timeperiod.
lonray

Re: service notifications vs host notifications

Post by lonray »

That worked. Thanks!