Custom Views in Nagios?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
stecino

Custom Views in Nagios?

Post by stecino »

Hi All,

Is there a way to selectively display in Nagios. Basically I want one group be able to see their set of monitors, and the other theirs
Can this be done through Nagios config and/or apache? Has anyone tried to do this?
slansing

Re: Custom Views in Nagios?

Post by slansing »

You can do this with Enterprise Edition's "Deploy Dashboards" page within the Dashboards section. I may have misunderstood you however and if you are asking how to only show certain users certain objects, you can apply a contact to those users, then only allow them to see what they are assigned. If you would like help with this option let us know.
stecino

Post by stecino »

I am using Nagios Core, we are planning to get XI but I don't know when it's going to happen. How can I do implement something like this in Core?
What do you mean apply contacts to those users? IF you are referring to notifications, I have that configured. I mean from Monitor list view perspective, I want to section things out
slansing

Post by slansing »

Apologies I must have had a case of the zombies and thought I was replying to a XI question. You can do this in the same fashion as Nagios XI.

To test this, first, create a User, then create a Contact in the contacts.cfg file named exactly the same as the user. Assign that contact to a handful of hosts, now, verify your config and restart nagios.

When you log in as this user, they should only be able to see the hosts you added their contact to.
stecino

Post by stecino »

I will test this and let you know. By the way, how do I assign hosts to the user?
slansing

Post by slansing »

You need to create a contact definition in contacts.cfg, this contact must be named exactly the same as the user's name. Then assign this contact inside host/service.cfg files in the contacts section.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ ... ml#contact