LDAP authenticated contacts in WEB UI

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
AlexTheIII

LDAP authenticated contacts in WEB UI

Post by AlexTheIII »

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to Nagios (been using for about 3 months), right now I'm preparing to deploy Nagios to some of our remote admins at our other sites.

In an attempt to simplify logging in for our remote admins, I want them to be able to use their network credentials, because as it is they already have enough UN/PWs to remember.

Ive successfully configured Nagios to allow myself to log-in using my credentials through LDAP, the thing is I cannot view any host or services after I'm logged into the WEB UI.
Ive tried putting the UN I am signing in with into my Contact definition, so that I'll receive my permissions for which devices/services I can see from the Contact Group I'm a member of which is then linked to Host and Service Definitions.

The only way I've been able to view all my host/services and perform all my other normal tasks I do through the WEB UI is add my UN to the comma delimited lists contained in the cgi.cfg file located in the /usr/local/nagios/etc/ directory. Which is not what I want to have to do(or smart to do) for the remote admins, because they do not need access to all features just the devices they are contacts for.

If I do not use LDAP to authenitcate to the WEB UI everything works perfectly.

Any suggestions? or anything I might be going about the wrong way?

--Alex