Issue with web gui

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Dustrider

Issue with web gui

Post by Dustrider »

Hi,
I'm having a strange issue with my web gui and i'm not sure what is going on.
Here is what is happening.

If i click on the host details and get a list of all the servers i have configured i'll notice that Last Check will keep changing from a new to an old one.

So let's say "LocalHost"
I'll refresh the screen and it will show Status "DOWN" with Last Check 8-7-2008
I"ll refresh the screen a few more times then it will show Status "UP" with Last Check 12-7-2010

Even if i re-schedule the check for the host it will show the two different screens when i refresh it.

I've cleared the History and cookies and everything from my IE browser and i'm not sure what is going on here. Has anybody ever seen or encountered this problem before that cause give me a quick fix? From what i can tell the checks are not working properly for any of the host i have configured.

This is not a new install it's a system we have had running for over 8 years now.
mguthrie

Re: Issue with web gui

Post by mguthrie »

I'm assuming you're using the original Nagios Core web UI?

It sounds like something is messing up the time stamp. Have there been any recent changes, updates or installs related to PHP or the apache webserver that it's running on? I know the newest version of PHP requires a timezone defined in the php.ini file for some time functions to work correctly. Does the system show the accurate date and time?
Dustrider

Post by Dustrider »

Yes using the oritinal web UI
No recent changes, updates or installs.
date & time is correct on the system.

I just didn't know this issue was happening until I added something to the config and then figured out something was not looking right.

the version we are running is 2.9 so i'm thinking about just updating the nagios server files since it's not working right anyways.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Yeah I'd recommend upgrading to a 3.+ version, we'll be able to give you better support that way.