Host Group Permissions

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
michaeltgordon

Host Group Permissions

Post by michaeltgordon »

Anyone seeing this?

a. Running Nagios 3.2.3
b. authentication turned on
c. user name in authorized_for_all_services
d. user name in authorized_for_all_hosts

User log in fine to nagios...I click on 'Host Groups' on the side menu and get: "It appears as though you do not have permissions to view information for any of the hosts you requested...If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file."

The interesting part is that there are no host groups defined at this point.

Clicking on Service Groups shows what I would expect: "There are no service groups defined."

I can do anything else with this ID...View all hosts, all services, schedule downtime, etc...just not see the host groups...

any ideas?
michaeltgordon

Re: Host Group Permissions

Post by michaeltgordon »

I forgot to mention, that this is on RHEL 6
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

I would try defining a simple hostgroup and seeing if you're able to view the page then.
michaeltgordon

Post by michaeltgordon »

Funny you mention that. I was just logging back in here to state that when host groups are actually created, it shows up properly. Must just be a generic error message for hostgroups when none are created.
mmurugayen

Post by mmurugayen »

how to build Nagios in RHEL 5 64 bit os