Checking for Static Routes on Windows

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
bzabber

Checking for Static Routes on Windows

Post by bzabber »

Hi all,

I'm extremely new to Nagios and plugin development in general and over the last little while I've been tasked with creating a method to check Windows Servers for changes to the static route table and persistent static route table. I also need a monitor to watch for IP configuration changes at the client end (IP address, subnet, gateway, dns changes). I know it sounds odd but people further up the food-chain promised this and not me.

I've found the relelvant WMI queries to get this information but integrating this into a monitor for Nagios, we are using the NSClient++ and I would like to use vbscript on the Window Servers but I'm open to about anything if the instructions are clear enough to get it to work. (I'm also a bit more familiar with vbscript.)

I've looked at the groundworks plugins and they are impressive, they just seem too complicated. :P

Is there a simple example of how to use vbscript and a WMI query to create a monitor for Nagios or is there someone that can lend a hand that knows more on how to get vbscript, Nagios and WMI to get me what I want? Obviously, I wouldn't take credit for this and I would fully encourage the person or persons that help me out to post the final product online for all to use because I'm sure at some point it will come in handy for someone else. :)

Thanks in advance and I truly appreciate any help that the Nagios Community can provide,
Bryan
mguthrie

Re: Checking for Static Routes on Windows

Post by mguthrie »

You might try searching exchange.nagios.org to see if someone has already started something like this.