install on Fedora not working

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mcannet

install on Fedora not working

Post by mcannet »

I'm new to Fedora(linux) so forgive me for not knowing things I probably should. Anyway, I'm trying to get Nagios Core and plugins installed on Fedora. I'm following the quickstart guide. All steps are working fine, except when I got to the part to run make init, i found a work-a-round on this post by author magnifor.

However, when I go to run the make install-config command I get the error message in the attached picture.

Again, I don't know much about linux/fedora - so hand holding is something I'll need. But I do appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.
Attachments
nagios_error.JPG
nagios_error.JPG (40.72 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
Last edited by mcannet on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcannet

Re: install on Fedora not working

Post by mcannet »

I'm hoping somebody out there can help out. Still stuck here. I have even gone so far to wipe out my Fedora install and started clean. Downloaded Nagios core as per quickstart guide for Fedora. I'm still getting stuck on the make install-config command. I attempted to just move on and on the next step of the quick start quide, "make install-webconf" and I get identical error message. Essentially NONE of the sample config files are installed and I don't know how to correct this? Can anyone help?
mcannet

Post by mcannet »

more information, when running the ./configure --with-command-group=nagcmd I get the attached as part of the output
Attachments
nagiosCapture.JPG
nagiosCapture.JPG (60.13 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

I'm suspicious that you're missing some of the prerequisite packages. Am I reading that right in that you don't have perl installed? Check on the required prerequisite packages and make sure those are installed first, that might get you through it better.
mcannet

Post by mcannet »

I installed all packages as per the quickstart guide. Using yum to install them. What can I do to check if Perl is installed and if not, how to install?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Code: Select all

yum install perl
Fedora 12 may have some things missing, I noticed for Fedora 13 there were some packages like (wget) that didn't come installed by default on Fedora but they do on most other distros.
mcannet

Post by mcannet »

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. That was the issue, I'm on my way now, thank you. yum install perl was the answer. :D