use_retained_program_state not processed / not working

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
tamere22

use_retained_program_state not processed / not working

Post by tamere22 »

Hi,

After deep searches (its not so easy to notice that there is a "retention" mechanism...) I found the following value in my nagios.cfg :

use_retained_program_state

According to official doc :
Use Retained Program State Option

Format: use_retained_program_state=<0/1>
Example: use_retained_program_state=1

This setting determines whether or not Nagios will set various program-wide state variables based on the values saved in the retention file. Some of these program-wide state variables that are normally saved across program restarts if state retention is enabled include the enable_notifications, enable_flap_detection, enable_event_handlers, execute_service_checks, and accept_passive_service_checks options. If you do not have state retention enabled, this option has no effect.

* 0 = Don't use retained program state
* 1 = Use retained program state (default)
By default, it's value is 1.
I changed to 0, reload nagios, restart 50 times, but no way, it won't work.

I click on "disable notifications" on a specific host, that had notification activated, but after restart, they are still disabled, even if the cfg file specify notification=1...

In fact I want "disable notification" that users would activate should be gone after a reload/restart according to the hard written cfg files. I don't want retention of "disable notification" or any other settings for hosts.

Using retain_state_information=0 made it work, but when nagios restart, it's a lot of work for him to get working because everything is cleared.
So not what I want...

I only want to not save the "disable notification checks" and any other things that are not corresponding to what is written in cfg files.

Any idea ?

Thanks
Last edited by tamere22 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
tamere22

Re: use_retained_program_state not processed / not working

Post by tamere22 »

Up
tamere22

Post by tamere22 »

Up
tamere22

Post by tamere22 »

up