Limit Notifications interval

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Sector5

Limit Notifications interval

Post by Sector5 »

Hi All

Could someone please tell me how I can achieve the following:
By default Nagios send out a notification for critical/warnings on a "x" based interval

By this I mean that should Nagios detect a problem it will send a notification, after x minutes it will send another notification and so it will continue.

What or more specifically - what to I need to change to instruct the application to only send one (1) notification when the host is unavailable or if it detects a service failure and one notification once the host has be restored or the service recovered.

You support in this matter would be greatly appreciated as this constant notifications make the system useless as engineers stop looking and view the monitoring systems as a spam utility.

Regards
Sector5
mguthrie

Re: Limit Notifications interval

Post by mguthrie »

If you set the notification_interval to 0, it will only send an initial notification.

For notification_options, make sure "r" is one of the options, so that it notifies upon recovery.