Notification failure

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Notification failure

Postby jeffegolf » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello,

I have been using Nagios 3.2 on Fedora 11. Systems is great, but I am having issues with notifications. Host down notifications generate without a problem, but when you watch the services progress from soft to hard to what should be notification, it never notifies. I am perplexed. I have reviewed many times over my commands.cfg, exchange.cfg(built for monitoring my Exchange environment), template.cfg, nagios.cfg, and contacts.cfg.

What really confuses me is that hosts work. I would be one thing if no alerts were sent at all, but that is not the case.

Has anyone else been through this? I viewed the wiki and FAQ, but nothing seemed to address what I am experiencing.
jeffegolf

Re: Notification failure

Postby mmestnik » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 am

Please provide a bzip2'ed copy of objects.cache, you should/may remove any sensitive information using find/replace.
mmestnik

Return to Nagios Core