Question according retention.dat

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
bushi

Question according retention.dat

Post by bushi »

Good morning,

we have a problem with reading current nagios status information over "MK Livestatus" (http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_livestatus.html)

All works great, except the "alias" field from host objects. If you change the alias in the nagios configuration it is displayed correctly on the webinterface, but livestatus returns the old (initial) value.

So we started to find the cause of this behavior and found out, that the alias is also never beeing updated in the retention.dat file. The alias is only updated, if you delete the retention.dat file.
Well we dont think livestatus uses the retention.dat file, but maybe is there a internal (nagios) datastructure which does not get the alias field updated.

Anyway, the information is not beeing updated in the retention.dat, is this working as intended ?

>> Our Test Setup is running with the newest Nagios® Core™ 3.2.3, just with one host and one service
>> We also unloaded the livestatus broker module, to make sure it does inflict the retention.dat generation
>> I added our test configuration as attachment

Kindly regards,
Lukas
Attachments
nagios-configuration.zip
(18.41 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
mguthrie

Re: Question according retention.dat

Post by mguthrie »

I would actually try posting this question on MK's forum, MKLiveStatus changes how all of the status and retention is handled and it isn't really something we can answer with a whole lot of intelligence ; )
bushi

Re: Question according retention.dat

Post by bushi »

Thanks for the answer.

I think i didnt wrote it clear enough - i performed the tests without the Livestatus broker module, (To make sure it does not have an impact on the internal nagios algorithmn) and the alias newer gets updated in the retention.dat.
Maybe you can have a look at that.

Anyways i will post the question in the MK forum.

Thanks a lot,
Lukas