Can I Use Ninja With Nagios XI

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
sandyspatil

Can I Use Ninja With Nagios XI

Post by sandyspatil »

Hi All,
I installed NAgios XI trial version. It is running without any problems. But I want to try new dashboards like Ninja.
I installed it with lot of difficulties but finally with success. Can I use Ninja where the Nagios XI is already installed because the problem is I can able to log in successfully into ninja using Nagios XI passwords but it gives me warring on top saying "It appears that the database is not up to date. Verify that Merlin & Nagios running properly." Also it's dashboard is not able to display anything related to hosts but showing it's various menus.
mguthrie

Re: Can I Use Ninja With Nagios XI

Post by mguthrie »

We don't know a whole lot about Ninja. Nagios XI uses ndoutils as it's backend, not Merlin, and that's pretty ingrained into XI. XI runs on top of the Core monitoring engine, but I'd look to see if Ninja can use ndoutils as it's backend.

However, the bad news is that even if you get it working, we're not really able to provide support for Ninja. You'd have to look to it's developers for support.