Windows Event Collection for Noob

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
johncouzins

Windows Event Collection for Noob

Post by johncouzins »

Hi,

I have just setup a Nagios Core installation on an Ubuntu machine to monitor the servers on my domain. I have installed the latest NSClient++ on the servers and edited the ‘windows.cfg’ on the Nagios box and all the machines are signing in and reporting their drive/RAM/CPU usage etc.

I now want to configure the servers now to send any error log event that are created to the Nagios server. I have read a few articles and followed one, but not having much luck. I have un-commented the ‘CheckEventLog.dll’ on the clients and entered this into the ‘commands.cfg’ file on the Nagios server:

#Check the Windows System Log for Errors in the last hour
define command{
command_name check_eventvwr_sys_errors
command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTNAME$ -p 5666 -c CheckEventLog -a filter=new file="system" MaxWarn=1 MaxCrit=1 filter-generated=\<1h filter-eventType==error filter=in filter=all
}

I am unsure where this information is supposed to be displayed but no events are appearing.

Sorry if this sounds like a total rookie question, I have only just started using it. :oops:
mguthrie

Re: Windows Event Collection for Noob

Post by mguthrie »

Try putting everything after -a in single quotes if it's all part of the same argument.