Nagios® Core™ Version 3.2.1 Problem

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mguthrie

Re: Nagios® Core™ Version 3.2.1 Problem

Post by mguthrie »

Some of these settings are probably already in your template, but there are a few you need to look for and verify for any host or service.

define host {
host_name slashdot.org
use xiwizard_website_host ; ####this is my template
address slashdot.org
hostgroups linux-servers
max_check_attempts 5
check_interval 5
retry_interval 1
check_period xi_timeperiod_24x7
contacts nagiosadmin
notification_interval 60
notification_period xi_timeperiod_24x7
notification_options n ; ####make sure to specify what events will trigger a notification, (d,r,u,s)
register 1
}
greendelmar

Post by greendelmar »

mguthrie wrote:What distro are you on, and what installation method did you use (yum, apt, source)? The directory locations are different dependent on distro and installation method.
I have the same problem and I am running Ubuntu 9. I have followed instructions how to install nagios on ubuntu quick start by SourceForge step by step and there was no errors unti I didn't tried "/etc/init.d/nagios restart" and i got "/etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios: No such file or directory". When I have tried "ls /etc/init.d/", there was no nagios
colloss

Post by colloss »

has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm stuck,
chakik

Post by chakik »

Hi,
I had similar problem and I'll try to see if can find the link where had the solution .. but it is being a long time... I'll check.

-Fadi
I'm doing some web developments to have some pocket money. Credit Consommation | Credit En ligne Rapide | Pret Travaux Maison | Credit Rapide Sans Justificatif | Pret Personnel