Root Partition getting fulled

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
golisurender

Root Partition getting fulled

Post by golisurender »

i installed Nagios on Ubuntu OS .. Everything is ok with the monitoring part ..
but my root partition is almost full ... and showing a critical alert .

how to free some space from the root partiotion .what are the unnecessary files and the locations . Please help me out on this

thanks inadvance
mguthrie

Re: Root Partition getting fulled

Post by mguthrie »

How much hard drive space did you start with on your machine?
shanepainter

Post by shanepainter »

You might want to check /root/scripts for a file named "zero.fill". I just came into the office this morning to discover my NagiosXI install (VM image) was returning "Cannot Connect to Database" errors due to the / partition being completely full.

Apparently there's a script that backs up the Postgres and Mysql databases that creates then removes this file - for some reason it did not remove it on my server. I'm not sure if this script exists on an Ubuntu install of NagiosXI, but might be worth a look.

FWIW - I just updated to the latest, Nagios XI 2009R1.4B on Friday 2/25.

Cheers,
-Shane
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Can you clarify both your installation method and also your version that you've installed? Nagios XI and Nagios Core are very different pieces of software, and Nagios XI is not support on Ubuntu at this time.