Disable all notifications

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
DPetit

Disable all notifications

Post by DPetit »

Nagios 3.2.1

I know that you can disable all notifications for a system by going into Process info in the UI and disabling it there, is that action logged to a file anywhere?
tonyyarusso

Re: Disable all notifications

Post by tonyyarusso »

Yes, in the nagios.log file - it will look like this: "[1299084152] EXTERNAL COMMAND: DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS;1299084151".
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
DPetit

Post by DPetit »

Is there some type of logging level that you would need to be at to see that? I do not see anything that matches that description.
DPetit

Post by DPetit »

As a work around, it looks like in the access.log when you disable notifications, it shows an entry there for "cmd_typ=11" that seems to correspond to a user disabling notifications. cmd_typ=12 seems to be for enabling notifications after they have been disabled.
rdedon

Post by rdedon »

This would be the path:

Code: Select all

cd /usr/local/nagios/var
Rene deDon
Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
Web: http://www.nagios.com
DPetit

Post by DPetit »

there are no entries that match that format when I know that I have disabled alerts within the logs time frame.

(Also, this message was moved from another forum, could it be placed inside the Core section as that is what it's regarding?)