StatusMap

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
lev.zurba

StatusMap

Post by lev.zurba »

Everyone
I am a bit of a Nubie on this Nagios Product, my issue is that I have installed Nagios and it seems to be working fine expect for the statusmap and histographs....getting object not found...

I am runing SLES 11 with Nagios 3.2.3

The statusmap.cgi file is missing as well...I have done my research and it appears that i am missing some libraries. I DO have the gd libraries, png, zlib, and freetype libraries installed--to be safe i installed everything. Apache2 and the Libraries were installed using YAST but Nagios was download and intalled from the tar.gz files and then I ran configure and make commands

I have even tried that Boutell gd ..I have recomplied and compiled trying everying i can find and think of...what am I missing

from nagios directory
make clean
./configure --with-command-group-nagcmd
~even tried # ./configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/include
make all
make install
make install-init
make install-config
make install-command-mode
make install-webconf

When run the configure command for the gd from boutell
it says that freetyp libpng and zlib libraries are not available, but according to YAST they are there----/usr/lib
tried to user ./configure --with-jpeg=/usr/lib

Thanks
lev.zurba

Status Map

Post by lev.zurba »

Everyone-- 2nd time I am posting this--hope it does not duplicate bit of a newbie here

Have SLES 11 x64 server with Nagios 3.2.3
it works fine, expect for the status maps and histographs

I have all the png jpeg freetype and gd libraries installed..they were isntalled thru YAST
Nagios was installed by hand using ./configure make all, make install, make install-init, make install-config, make install-commandmode, make install webconf

Also have tried to isntall the gd from boutell..when i run it it says there is no zlib, libpnd or freetype libraries, though YAST says they are
They are in /usr/lib /usr/lib64

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
mguthrie

Re: StatusMap

Post by mguthrie »

You might try posting this to the nagios users list on sourceforge. nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net

We mostly work with CentOS, RHEL, and Ubuntu here, so I'm less familiar with SuSe. However there are are some highly technical users that follow that mailing list, so I'm sure someone can probably point you in the right direction.