creating and integrating new Nagios HTML pages

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
MCM

creating and integrating new Nagios HTML pages

Post by MCM »

Hey everyone,

My research into Nagios has revealed that it's HTML pages are stored in the nagios/share folder. If I want to add my own HTML pages to the Nagios web interface, I can add my php/HTML/Image files in the appropriate directories within nagios/share. However, there are two issues I still need resolving. First, how do you specify the URL required to get your php/HTML/cgi to run and be presented?

Secondly, is there a way other than modifying the HTML of an existing page, to have my new pages referred to from existing pages?

The reason for this requirement is that I am trying to develop a product-specific "installer" for Nagios which will modify the nagios/share folder with the changes required to add my product-specific Nagios web pages. This way my customer, who is a non-programmer, does not need to modify the HTML pages at all. Of course, this means that a good solution that does not rely too heavily on the exact format of the HTML of existing pages is required since this could change between versions of Nagios. I wonder if there are any options in the resource.cfg or nagios.cfg that will help here.

If this needs clarification, please say.
Thanks in advance.