smart plugin raise status unknown

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
anag_user

smart plugin raise status unknown

Post by anag_user »

Hello,

Could you help me please ? I would like to use smart plugin ( https://www.monitoringexchange.org/inve ... ART-status ) but it returns me a unknow status on nagios.

Code: Select all

smart UNKNOWN 	2011-04-04 15:10:52 	5d 21h 56m 52s 	3/3 	**ePN /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smart: ###########################################################".
This the command definition : /etc/nagios-plugins/config/smart.cfg

define command{
        command_name    check_smart
        command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smart -d /dev/sda -i ata --debug
}
This is my /etc/nagios3/conf.d/generic-service_nagios2.cfg file :

define service{
        [...]
        check_command                   check_smart!/dev/sda!ata
}

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
mguthrie

Re: smart plugin raise status unknown

Post by mguthrie »

Can you test the full command directly from the command-line and display the both what was input and the output from it?

if your script is erroring out unexpectedly you're likely to get an unknown error code.

Does your script exit with an exit code, such as exit(0), exit(1), exit(2)?

If you're still stuck you can post the code and we'll see if we can find the problem.
anag_user

Re: smart plugin raise status unknown

Post by anag_user »

Thanks for helping me

I resolved the issue yesterday.
I set a sudo before my command :

define command{
        command_name    check_smart
        command_line    sudo /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smart -d /dev/sda -i ata
}
But now, Nagios returns me this :

smart	WARNING 	2011-04-05 09:14:28 	0d 17h 39m 21s 	3/3 	(null) 
It bothers me that there is "null" as informations. I would like to have more details. It's the case when I run my command in the shell ( see below )
Input :

$ /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smart -d /dev/sda -i ata
Output :

WARNING: Sectors pending re-allocation|Spin_Up_Time=14169 Start_Stop_Count=117 Reallocated_Sector_Ct=6 Read_Channel_Margin=0 Seek_Error_Rate=0 Seek_Time_Performance=46981 Spin_Retry_Count=0 Calibration_Retry_Count=0 Power_Cycle_Count=161 Power-Off_Retract_Count=0 Load_Cycle_Count=0 Temperature_Celsius=25 Hardware_ECC_Recovered=558 Reallocated_Event_Count=0 Current_Pending_Sector=1 Offline_Uncorrectable=0 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count=0 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate=0 Soft_Read_Error_Rate=14 TA_Increase_Count=5 Run_Out_Cancel=944 Shock_Count_Write_Opern=0 Shock_Rate_Write_Opern=0 Spin_High_Current=0 Spin_Buzz=0 Offline_Seek_Performnce=0
Thanks !