help with nagios setup with 3rd party addons

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ltodd2

help with nagios setup with 3rd party addons

Post by ltodd2 »

Evening

I hope this is the right place to put this.
I've been running nagios for about year now. Its been decided to improve it now so my question is what is the best setup?
I've been reading about the add-ons like, nconf, nagiosql, nagiosgrapher, nagvis, pnp4nagios etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what works best or pointers to sites. I will be starting from scratch but I have installed nagiosgrapher on the existing system but have got nothing from it.

Many thanks

Lee
tonyyarusso

Re: help with nagios setup with 3rd party addons

Post by tonyyarusso »

For what it's worth, Nagios XI includes NagiosQL and pnp4nagios. Nagios Montage will have NagiosQL, nagiosgrapher, and NagVis. I haven't looked at Nconf. The Exchange site allows reviews, so you may find some there that are helpful to you.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
ltodd2

Re: help with nagios setup with 3rd party addons

Post by ltodd2 »

Tony

Thanks for the info. I know nagiosxi has some of it and I did try it out last year but had some issues. When I asked support about it they said to post on here. Most of my questions were answered but I had one on switch port names if I remember right, I never got an answer on that. I do know there is a new version out now but when I asked if we can have another demo key I was told that that is not possible. I wanted to have the ability of poll some devices at 1 min intervals for bandwidth etc but since it uses mrtg and not rrd 5 mins is as low as it can do.

Thanks

Lee