Nagios 4.0 and NDOUtils

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
SoulA

Re: Nagios 4.0 and NDOUtils

Post by SoulA »

Looks like the issue you ran into was because "UNIQUE_KEY" was used instead of "UNIQUE KEY":

http://sourceforge.net/p/nagios/ndoutil ... ql.sql#l41

The database differences between ndoutils 1.5.2 and 2.0 aren't very significant. The 2.0 version just added some additional indexes to help speed up the added database trimming options in 2.0. You can probably live without them. If you have a lot of data though you may see NDO slow down while it's trimming the tables if you've got those options turned on.

You can also probably get away with just running the update script which adds the indexes but as my fellow posters keep reiterating this all is very untested:

http://sourceforge.net/p/nagios/ndoutil ... -2.0.0.sql
SoulA

Post by SoulA »

Just went back and read your post again and saw that you are running ndo2db-3x which means none of the additional table trimming stuff is probably running for you anyway until you upgrade.
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

SoulA wrote:Just went back and read your post again and saw that you are running ndo2db-3x which means none of the additional table trimming stuff is probably running for you anyway until you upgrade.
Yeah, the OP is most likely safe with the upgrade - but do it on a test box and run it under supervision for a while before rolling the upgrades to production!
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
SoulA

Post by SoulA »

How do I get the bug that I found in the NDOUtils installdb script fixed?
slansing

Post by slansing »

I would recommend opening a bug report at tracker.nagios.org and then also listing in there the solution you found and steps to reproduce / patch.
SoulA

Post by SoulA »

abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

Thanks for the link to the tracker bug report. I do not know the timeline for ndo and nagios 4 compatibility is, as the core devs are most likely working out the core 4 bugs first.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.