SNMPTT

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
MPIvan

SNMPTT

Post by MPIvan »

Hi all,

I found out that Nagios should learn about Traps, and SNMPTT is the right thing for him. If you have any other suggestion pleas shear.
If someone here have experience with SNMPTT ( traps with Nagios ) pleas shear a installation guide, step by step, and how to configure so Nagios can mange this Traps. My scenariot that i want to achieve is this:

Cisco Router to send TRAPS to Nagios when the interfaces status is changed !
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: SNMPTT

Post by sreinhardt »

Is there a reason for opening this thread outside of the one that is already open?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
MPIvan

Post by MPIvan »

In the host and services post, we have decided to open a new post
by slansing » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 am

Yes you would need to set up the nagios SNMPTT and forward traps through it so to speak. Would you open a new thread for this please?
Is it ??? i can't find searching for step by step installing SNMPTT on Ubuntu or other or similar if im wrong, forgive me, and if you like point me where i can find good explanation ... tnx in advanced
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Ah I see, sorry I had not noticed that post from slansing. Unfortunately I do not know of a guide to installing snmptt on ubuntu, I would guess you have googled? By and large all you should need to do is alter where the snmptraphandler.py is pointed to send the traps as notifications to the nagios command pipe and make sure it has appropriate permissions.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.