Nagios Log Date

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
estebanmonge

Nagios Log Date

Post by estebanmonge »

Hello I am using Nagios Digger with some modifications for make more fast reports of Host SLA.

I used archived logs, but I have one problem, in Log of yesterday the timestamp, but the timestamp is of one day before.

For example:
cat /usr/local/nagios/var/archives/nagios-10-07-2013-00.log | grep vCenter | grep DOWN | grep HARD
[1381036330] HOST ALERT: vCenter;DOWN;HARD;3;(Host Check Timed Out)

Log 10-07
Timestamp 10-06

What is wrong?

Thanks
slansing

Re: Nagios Log Date

Post by slansing »

It looks like your log was rotated in the middle of the night like usual, but you may have still been receiving that check data at 12:12:10 AM. That would explain why you had data from the previous day posted in at 12 past midnight. However, that would not explain if all of your times are one day off. Are your log timestamps showing for today? Or yesterday? How about the two logs you are talking about? Do the logs internally show timestamps from the previous day when the log file's time stamp is from the current day?