Nagios 3.x to 4.x upgrade issue(No output on stdout) stderr:

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
babudhinakaran

Nagios 3.x to 4.x upgrade issue(No output on stdout) stderr:

Post by babudhinakaran »

I recently upgraded to Nagios 4.0.1 from Nagios 3.5.0 and started getting service check output as(No output on stdout) stderr:[ i.e., plugin_output = (No output on stdout) stderr:]. And, I also started observing that there are lot of zombie process getting created for Perl and sometimes for Nagios when you reload not if you restart. And, also there is a loss of performance data being updated(integrated pnp4nagios), I can see the following error in the Nagios log file:

[1381928212] wproc: SERVICE PERFDATA job 13 from worker Core Worker 8077 is a non-check helper but exited with return code 2
[1381928212] wproc: command: /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/pnp4nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl
[1381928212] wproc: early_timeout=0; exited_ok=1; wait_status=512; error_code=0;
[1381928212] Worker 8077: Unknown jobtype: 10
[1381928212] wproc: Unknown job type: 10

I think the worker is not capable of handling perl related code to return back to Nagios core or parent (FYI I am not using embedded perl). Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Note: The return status from the plug-in is OK but it is unable to read the output from Standard Output or Standard Error of the Shell (it's intermittent).

Regards,
Babu Dhinakaran S
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Nagios 3.x to 4.x upgrade issue(No output on stdout) std

Post by sreinhardt »

It is not an issue with perl, but actually something to do with how core is handling the data. There is already a tracker issue posted for this bug. As there is nothing presently we can do I am going to lock this. Please feel free to add comments to the tracker issue found below: http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=484
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.