Passive checks with Core 4

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
SoulA

Passive checks with Core 4

Post by SoulA »

Both NSCA and NRDP now support writing their results Nagios's check results directory because that was historically much faster than using the command pipe. With Nagios 4 in the "whats new" section I see that the "reaper" options have been deprecated since Nagios 4 uses workers.

When I look at more information for each of the reaper options it explains what it does and why in Nagios 4 it's less of a big deal but finishes by saying "It still applies to passive check results."

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagi ... _frequency

I'm just curious what deprecated means in this case. You can't really get rid of them because passive checks still require them.
estanley

Re: Passive checks with Core 4

Post by estanley »

Processing of external commands is now much faster because it is done with a special command processing worker and the commands are processed as soon as they are received. For this reason, the command pipe should be used for passive check results. The old results file reaper is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.