Notifications out of backup time

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Notifications out of backup time

Postby diegosouza » Mon May 09, 2011 8:57 am

Hi all,
I have Nagios Core 3.2.3 and I need to customize the time of notifications of each host.
This need is because the backup of my servers are running on specific hours (scheduled) and, in that times, the CPU utilization goes high, causing Nagios to alert Critical CPU utilization. I know the backup time duration of each host and when they start and I need to disable notifications in these specific times.
Do anyone know how can I do that?
Thanks,
Souza
diegosouza

Re: Notifications out of backup time

Postby tonyyarusso » Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 am

You would simply need to define time periods for each host and set the notification period to each of those, such that during those times notifications would be turned off. You'll find more about this in the time periods section of the documentation.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
tonyyarusso

Return to Nagios Core