Newbie Question - MySQL Table Monitoring

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
msarro

Newbie Question - MySQL Table Monitoring

Post by msarro »

Hey everyone.
This is my first post, and let me apologize in advance if this is a RTFM type of question. I've looked through the documentation, and I've tried searching and haven't found an answer for what I'm working on.

Right now I'd like to have nagios check the values in a table in a MySQL db, and if any show an error code, spit back a warning through nagios. I have the SQL queries already, I just need to know if I can leverage something that's already created or not.

Now, is there a way to do this out of the box? Is there a plugin for it? I looked through the DB plugin and most seem to have to do with whether or not the service is running, or checking the database table space. None seem to deal with checking the contents of tables.

If not, I've looked into writing one in python, but I don't want to recreate the wheel if I don't have to. Any advice would be appreciated.
msarro

Re: Newbie Question - MySQL Table Monitoring

Post by msarro »

After some searching around and checking on the mailing list I think I have a solution. Thanks everyone!