servicegroups

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
samye

servicegroups

Post by samye »

Hello,

How do I configure nagios so that I can see "sub" services under a host. For example,
host: www1 (web server) IIS & FTP services are defined for this host

www1 hosts (20) websites. These have been defined as hosts with services dns_Check, FTP & HTTP_Page. The also belong to a host group. There are service dependencies defined between the IIS of www1 & HTTP_Page of the websites and www1's FTP and the websites FTP. When I view these hosts via the web-interface I would like to see:
www1
--IIS
------HTTP_Page of all (20) hosted websites
--FTP
------FTP of all (20) hosted websites

Does this make sense? Should I re-configure my (20) hosted websited to be services of the www1 host? Can I use servicegroups to accomplish this?

If I reconfigure the (20) sites as services then I will have many more configurations to keep track of because I will have to create a service (3) times for all (20). Whereas right now I have (20) host configurations but only (3) service configurations because the hostgroup allows me to specify the hostgroup.

Thank you .

Regards,
Carol